Dangers of Worthless Followership

Hello friends, I gladly welcome you all to this season of self search.

In this season, God is asking us a critical question:
'Isn't Israel a valued servant, born into a family with place and position? How did he end up a piece of meat fought over by snarling & roaring lions?... (Jeremiah 2:14-15).

The unfortunate cause of Israel's tragedy reflected in the question above was:

1)  Worthless followership makes a person one worthless (Jeremiah 2:5). In view of this, I want to ask you a simple but sincere question:

  • who are your friends?
  • who are you following on the various social media platforms?
    1. Facebook
    2. Togo
    3. Twitter
    4. Whatsapp
    5. Instagram
    6. Etc
  • who do you hang out with. 
 Please be guided and do not forget the godly advice in 1 Cor. 15:33.

2)  Worthless followership forces you to exchange your glory for something that does not profit (Jeremiah 2:11).  What have you lost because of wrong associations? I would like you to sincerely reconsider this question.

I insist you do so because of the experience I had recently. I found myself in a chat room (I really didn't get to know who signed me into it) supposed to be a forum for discussing Godly principles for Christian living. To my amazement, I realized that the use of the 'F' words were like a norm within the circle as members used it freely. And to compound my plight, some members of this assumed godly chatting room asked other members openly to be their pet.

I did not bother to know how I got into it because immediately I discovered what was going on in the room; I signed myself out and deleted all their messages on my timeline. This is why I am emphasizing the need for you to ask yourself this question a second time: 'Who am I following?

A sincere answer to this question may be all you need to manifest God's potentials in you. Note that God is giving you this call because He is willing to restore you. However, what you do with it is your responsibility.

No comments: